Along with designing and making fun twin tops, I am also passionate about spreading awareness about Cystic Fibrosis. For those who are not aware, my twins were diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when they were newborns, and I will be sharing our journey here next year.
For Christmas this year ‘It’s A Twin Thing’ is running a fundraiser to help raise money for Cystic Fibrosis SA. I have designed these tops myself and all profits will be donated to Cystic Fibrosis SA. To help increase the amount of money we can donate and reduce manufacturing costs, these tops will be made on retail branded t-shirts.
CFSA receives no government funding. Here are some of the wonderful things that they provide:
- Subsidised essential medical equipment and medication to people with CF
- Contributions to local and national CF research projects
- Boredom buster bags for hospital stays
- Advocacy for improved care, access to affordable medications and greater awareness of CF within the health system and community locally and nationally
- Financial assistance for people who receive a lung transplant during recovery interstate
- Raising funds to enable the above activities through events, appeals and community fundraising
Head over to our online shop to order your Cystic Fibrosis Christmas t-shirt and help raise vital funds for a cause very close to my heart.
What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis mainly affects the lungs and digestive system because of a malfunction in the exocrine system that’s responsible for producing saliva, sweat, tears and mucus.
People with Cystic Fibrosis develop an abnormal amount of excessively thick and sticky mucus within the lungs, airways and digestive system. This causes impairment of the digestive functions of the pancreas and traps harmful bacteria in the lungs. This results in re-occurring infections, leading to irreversible damage. Lung failure is the major cause of death for someone with CF.
Help us raise funds for Cystic Fibrosis SA by purchasing an item from our Christmas Fundraising range. Matching tees are available for parents – both women and men’s sizes, as well as kid’s sizes.